Slow Cooker Sweet Fire Chicken
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1-2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sweet red chili sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cold water + 3 tablespoons corn starch
- Add chicken, chopped red peppers, and pineapple to a greased slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl whisk together sauce ingredients except for the 4 tablespoons cold water + 3 tablespoons corn starch. Pour sauce into the slow cooker and give everything a stir. Cover and cook on high 2-3 hours or on low 4-5 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving, take the lid off of the slow cooker. In a small bowl whisk together the remaining cold water and corn starch. Set the slow cooker on high (if it isn’t already) and pour the corn starch slurry into the pot, stir, then cover and cook another 30 minutes or until ready to serve. Stir just before serving.
- Serve with steamed rice or fried rice if desired. (Click HERE for my favorite easy homemade fried rice recipe)