Honey Roasted Pear Crostini
I used some sunflower sourdough bread from my mother in law and some cream cheese in place of goat cheese, heavenly!
- 1 Bartlett pear, thinly sliced
- 2 T. honey
- 1 T. fresh thyme, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 oz. goat cheese
- 1 small loaf crusty bread (or baguette)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Thinly slice the pear, leaving the skin on (each pear about 3-4 slices each side), discarding the center, stem and seeds.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay each pear on the sheet. Drizzle with honey, and lightly salt and pepper each pear slice.
- Sprinkle with thyme. Bake for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the crusty bread into slices and toast (or reheat). Spread the goat cheese on each piece.
- Remove the pears from the oven and lay each slice on one piece of toast.
- Place the crostini on a plate and immediately serve.