Pomegranate and Lime Chicken
This was outstanding. I didn’t use the mustard because I’m just not a mustard person no matter how I try it. Reserve some of the glaze for serving, it’s amazing with the chicken.
for the chicken
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (I used 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- pomegranate seeds for garnish (optional)
for the glaze
- 2 cups pomegranate juice (I used 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (I used the juice of 2 limes)
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- Set the oven to 400F
- To marinate the chicken, put the yogurt, pomegranate juice, salt, garlic and chicken in a large zip lock baggie. Massage everything until well combined. Put in the fridge to marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight. I turned the bag over once or twice.
- To make the glaze, put all the glaze ingredients in a saucepan and whisk to combine. Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat and boil for about 20-25 minutes until reduced and thickened. Set aside.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium high heat until screaming hot. Take the chicken out of the marinade, and let the excess liquid drip off before setting the chicken, skin side down, on the grill. Don’t move it for a minute or so until it gets nice dark grill marks.
- Flip the chicken over, and then transfer to a baking pan that has been lightly brushed with olive oil. Bake the chicken for about 30-40 minutes, or until done through. Spoon a generous amount of glaze over the chicken, and garnish with the pomegranate seeds and lime wedges. Serve right away.