Sausage and Potatoes Italiano
This recipe concerned me with the boxed potatoes, but it’s really good!
- 1 lb bulk Italian pork sausage
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 2 boxes (4.7 oz each) Betty Crocker™ au gratin potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions (8 medium)
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions (2 medium)
- 1 Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In 10-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until no longer pink; drain.
- 2 In large bowl, mix water, milk and margarine. Stir in 2 pouches Potatoes and 2 pouches Sauce Mix. Stir in sausage and 1/2 cup green onions until well blended. Pour potato mixture into baking dish.
- 3 Bake uncovered 35 minutes. Top with 2 tablespoons green onions. Bake 5 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Let stand 5 minutes before serving (sauce will thicken as it stands).