Elk Brat Bake
I don’t have a picture for this one because I can’t find my phone, you’ll just have to take my word for it that it was pretty. Yellow squash and purple turnips and onions.
- 1 large red onion, quartered
- 1 turnip, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 yellow squash, cut bite sized
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 3 links elk brats
- 5 sprigs dried thyme
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large baking dish, toss veggies with one tablespoon butter and chopped garlic.
- Mix well until incorporated and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the sausage links on top of the vegetables. Place sprigs of thyme throughout the dish. Cover with foil and bake for 90 minutes.
- Remove tinfoil from baking dish, mix vegetables around, and bake for an additional 30 minutes until sausage is golden brown.