One Pot Cheesy Smoked Sausage & Pasta Skillet
I made this with our elk brats and it was a nice way to have them.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb hillshire farm smoked turkey sausage (sliced)
- 1 cup onion (diced)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cup chicken broth
- 10 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup milk or heavy cream
- 8 oz dry pasta (any small pasta will do)
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper (each)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions (for garnish)
1 Add olive oil to a 4-5 quart saute pan over medium high heat. Add onions and sausage and cook until lightly browned. Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
2 Add chicken broth, tomatoes, milk (or heavy cream), pasta, and seasonings. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
3 Turn off the heat and stir in 1/2 cup of cheese. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and cover for about five minutes to allow cheese to melt. Top with sliced scallions and serve.