Green Chile Artichoke Bread
I had planned to use some french bread I got from the farmer’s market, but with no preservatives it didn’t make it. We’re both really bummed but I had some biscuits laying around. It was still good, definitely would have been better with the crusty bread.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 (14 oz) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (4 oz can green chilies
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature (half a brick)
- 1 small loaf ciabatta bread
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. When butter is completely melted, add garlic and saute about 30 seconds to a minute. Remove from heat and add all ingredients except the bread. Stir just until combined. (You’re not melting the cheese at this point).
- Slice the ciabatta loaf lengthwise and place crust side down on a foil lined cookie sheet. Spoon mixture over the bread and spread equally on each side. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper, if desired.
- Place bread under the preheated broiler for about four to five minutes, or until cheese is melted and just starting to brown. Cool, slice, and serve immediately.