Seared Ahi Tuna with Wasabi Mayo
My hubby is in love with this fish, he said he’s had a bad impression of fish his whole life and this changes it for him. I ended up overcooking one of the tuna steaks and he liked that even better. Once he had his fill of this recipe, I used the leftover tuna to make a tuna salad for him to have later. He’s stoked. I don’t think I’ll make this particular recipe again but we’ll be having more Ahi in the future.
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Root, minced
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Lime, juice
- 1/4 tsp Fish Sauce
- 12 oz Ahi Tuna Steak, two 6 oz steaks
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Aminos, for dipping
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise (click for recipe)
- 1 tsp Wasabi
- Combine ginger root, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, lime juice, fish sauce, 2 tbsp coconut aminos and garlic in a small mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Place tuna steaks in a container and allow to marinate for 2–4 hours prior to cooking.
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Place tuna steaks on preheated grill and sear on each side (approximately 3 minutes per side for rare tuna).
- Slice thinly and serve with a drizzle of wasabi mayonnaise and a small dish of coconut aminos.