One Week Post Op Update
A week ago I had a laproscopic surgery to remove a bleeding ovarian cyst the size of a grapefruit. The first few days were a little rough but much better than the pain of internal bleeding. Now, I’m down to half doses of my pain meds because they make me nauseous. I’ve lost 10 lbs in the last week. I still need to take it slow or I get overheated and feel ill. I’m not allowed to drive for another week and not supposed to lift more than 10 lbs for 5 more weeks. This drives me insane because I’m usually a very independent and capable person but I’m well aware that I need to take the time to heal properly or I risk missing hunts. Here’s a few things I learned in my first week of recovery:
- You will cry from laughing, even a little. My whole DVR is full of all the comedy shows that I don’t dare watch until I’m less tender.
- Pain meds will make you unbelievably constipated. And then the laxatives they give you will make you puke.
- The pain meds will also make your sweat smell god-awful. I normally don’t have body odor, I generally smell salty or sweet. Now it’s like a sour chemical smell.
- I’ve never wanted to lay on my side worse in my life.
- You’ll find out who your true friends are.
- Your husband will understand exactly what he doesn’t usually have to do around the house. My hubby can’t believe the amount of chores around the house I do without him noticing.
- I think they did something to my skin. After my second post-op shower, a layer my skin almost molted off. I have no idea what to make of this but seems fine.
- Eating on a schedule sucks.
I have my follow up appointment in another week but things seem to be progressing as they should.