Rustic Chicken with Garlic Gravy
Oh, wowww…this is dreamy…and I’m not even that fond of chicken.
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 6-8 chicken thighs, skin on (could use any skin-on chicken pieces)
- Salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 20-22 cloves of garlic (2 full heads), separated and peeled
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/4 tsp. fresh thyme leaves (or about 3/4 tsp. dried leaves)
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Heat the oven to 400° F with rack in centre of oven.
- In a oven-safe Dutch oven or big, oven-safe skillet with a lid, heat the oil over medium high heat. Dry the chicken pieces well by patting them with a paper towel. Sprinkle the chicken pieces with a bit of salt and the pepper. Cook the chicken until well browned, turning regularly, for about 8 minutes in all then remove chicken to a plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium…
View original post 192 more words