Bizarre Foods Monday: Broiled Ham Hock with Braised Cabbage
- 2 tablespoons dijon or whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon white or red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 pounds bone-in ham hocks
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 stalks celery, roughly chopped
- 1 large carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 small bunch parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pound savoy or white cabbage, finely sliced (about 1/2 large head)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Combine mustard and vinegar in a small sealable container. Add 1/2 cup olive oil. Seal container and shake vigorously to emulsify. Season to taste with salt and pepper then set aside.
- Add ham hocks, onion, celery, carrot, parsley, and bay leaves to a large saucepan. Cover with water by 2 inches. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce to a bare simmer, cover, and cook until hocks are completely tender, about 3 hours. Remove from heat and set aside.
View original post 154 more words