Mediterranean Tortellini Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette
I’m not a huge fan of pasta salad, but I kind of like it with the tortellini.
For the pasta
- 1 lb tortellini
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
For the dressing
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the tortellini according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, place the onions in a bowl of cold water to get rid of some of the bite. Drain after 5 minutes.
- When the tortellini is done cooking, toss together the onion slices, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, feta cheese, and tortellini.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Slowly pour in the olive oil and whisk to combine. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Pour the dressing over the tortellini salad and toss to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature.