Oh wow! I loved these! I used the other half of the radishes I picked from our garden yesterday for this (you can keep your radishes in the fridge in water to extend their life a bit, greens and roots trimmed off) Cooking the radishes took a lot of the spiciness out of them and made them sweeter. My hubby somehow didn’t care for them, but he’s going to have to deal with it, I’m absolutely making these again!
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 green onions, diced into 1/4-inch pieces, white and light green parts only
2 bunches radishes (greens removed), trimmed and sliced in half
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon sugar
Black pepper, freshly ground
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook until it just begins to brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the onion; lower heat to medium. Cook, stirring, until the onion softens, about 3 minutes.
- Add the radishes, salt, sugar, and pepper to taste; stir in the water.
- Raise heat to high; heat just to a boil. Cover; lower heat to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Uncover; raise heat to high. Heat to a boil; cook until almost all the liquid has evaporated, about 4 minutes.