Honey-Lime Grilled Chicken With Fresh Cherry Salsa
Holy shit snacks this is tasty! My hubby even said he could see this at a restaurant. It’s got that sweet, tart, spicy, savory sour thing going. I used some wildflower honey I got at the farmer’s market this weekend in the marinade.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove finely minced garlic
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- To Make The Marinade: Place chicken in a ziplock bag. In a bowl whisk together marinade ingredients. Pour mixture over the chicken and reseal, squeezing out excessive air. Allow to marinate at least 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- To Make The Cherry Salsa: Mix ingredients and set aside. Serve over or along side the chicken.
- To Finish: Preheat grill to medium high heat. Once preheated, brush grill lightly with olive oil. Place chicken (if desired lightly season) on grill and cook (with lid closed) 5-8 minutes per side until juices run clear (depending on thickness).