Homemade Oreos with Cookie Dough Stuff
Oreo is putting out a new flavor with cookie dough stuffing tomorrow. My friend Tamara wanted some for her birthday, but New Mexico is usually behind the times on new products, so I made her some instead.
- prepared brownie batter according to box or favorite brownie recipe
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3½ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. milk
- 2½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Heat Oven to 325°. Spoon tablespoonfuls of brownie batter, one at a time, onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until puffed and cracked. Allow to cool completely on pan.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter and brown sugar with the paddle attachment on high speed until creamy and fluffy.
- Mix in the confectioners’ sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the flour and salt.
- Mix in the milk and vanilla extract until smooth and combined.
- Fold in Chocolate Chips.
- Spread half the cookies with the cookie dough frosting and sandwich with the remaining cookies.
~ by accordingtoleanne on February 2, 2014.
Posted in Recipes
Tags: birthday, brown sugar, Brownie Cookies, brownie recipe, butter, chocolate chip, chocolate chip cookie dough, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frosting, confectioners' sugar, cookie, cookie dough, decadent, dessert, feb 3, Oreo, sandwich, sugar, sweet, treat