White Chocolate Cranberry Bread
- 6 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 & 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh whole cranberries
- 1 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Lightly butter and flour a 9×5 loaf pan.
- Melt the chopped white chocolate, I used a bowl placed over barely simmering water, set aside to cool-giving it a few stirs- while continuing with the recipe.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda, set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, a few minutes.
- Beat the eggs in one at a time, scrape down the sides of bowl as needed.
- Beat in the yogurt, followed by the cooled white chocolate, orange zest and juice and vanilla.
- Turn the mixer to low speed and add the flour mixture.
- Stir in the whole cranberries, pecans and white chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake until skewer inserted in bread comes out clean, about 70-75 minutes.
- Cool on a metal rack for about 10 minutes.
- Remove bread from the pan and cool completely before slicing.