In June I’ll have been at the same job for 7 years. I’m not sure if I’m bored with my current job, or just need to relax and let my life unfold. I’ve always felt like I needed to do something profound with my life, but I have no clue what that is. I suppose I’m a victim of my own success. I have my house and car paid for, I’m getting married next year and I’ve decided against children, at least in the foreseeable future. I am highly satisfied with my home life, so I think it throws my lack of a defined career path into relief. Basically, my mind is bored. I’ve mastered my current duties and have gotten my sweepstakes down to 2 hours a day, so I’m left with some extra time. My brain is too busy for my own good and I have workaholic tendencies, so hobbies tend to need to have profits. I need something, but I don’t know what direction to take.
On one hand, I could continue on my current path, working and doing sweepstakes. Or I could:
1. Go to veterinary school or some sort of animal behavior school: I love animals, but I would take deaths really hard.
2. Finish my psychology degree: I am really interested in psychology and am good at counseling people, but it’s very taxing on me.
3. Breed Bengal cats: I’d love to do this, but the economy sucks.
4. Write books: I don’t know if I’d be successful, but I’d want to do a memoir and/or a cookbook. I’d need a publishing lawyer and an agent to make a go of it.
5. Pursue a career in hunting: I have the skill and poise for it, but I’d need to spend a good amount of money to get started and I’d need to do it quick before I get too old. The criticism would make me sad too.
6. Run an animal rescue: I would feel good about it, but I’d never make any money at it and I’d be angry. Just seeing the dogs roaming the streets in town makes me angry, so I don’t know how well I’d handle seeing neglected and abused animals all the time.
7. Take some culinary classes and do what?: I can cook and I like to cook, but working as a chef underling would kill the joy for me. I don’t know how to make this work for me.
Or something else I don’t even know of yet. I don’t like people generally; I don’t particularly like being dirty, although I’ll do it if it’s something I like; I’m really good at logistic stuff and organization, I’m good with data and I’m a machine. I can build and create things. I don’t like being told what to do. I’m socially awkward. I’m a jack of all trades. I’m book, common sense and street smart. What the hell job is that??