Turkey Roulade with Apple Cranberry Stuffing
Looks and tastes amazing and it’s not as hard as you’d think.
2 large turkey breasts (I used one of those packaged whole turkey breasts)
8-10 strips of bacon
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup mayonnaise (optional)
For the Stuffing:
1/2 an onion, finely chopped
1 cup stuffing mix
1/2 apple chopped
1/2 cup craisins
1 Tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
3 Tablespoons melted butter
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of ground cloves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Place turkey breasts in a single layer (or fillet/butterfly the breast chunk out to make a flat rectangle) and assemble the stuffing.
3. Combine all stuffing ingredients in a bowl and season as desired with salt and pepper.
4. Spread the stuffing down the middle and wrap the turkey around it to create a log. Stick with toothpicks to hold while you add bacon. Wrap the turkey roll with bacon and tuck the ends neatly. (The skin separated from the meat on my turkey, so I put the bacon under the skin and mayonnaise on top) The mayonnaise sounds weird, I know. I scoffed at my sister in law when she suggested it, but it made for a crispy skin and juicy meat.
5. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. If the bacon is cooking too fast, you can cover it with foil.
6. Allow to rest 5-10 minutes before slicing.