Birthday Excellence

I had an exceptional birthday this year. I think the curse may be broken, or I just got a year off. No one died, got sick or was otherwise delayed or maimed. We drove down to Albuquerque on Friday and had dinner at Japanese Kitchen with my mom, the Matlacks and a few other friends. My mom saved our trip by sending me some money and paying for our dinner. We weren’t going to go down because it would be financially irresponsible, but with a little extra cash, we could do it without worrying. I got a lot of nice birthday wishes and some great presents, but it was nicest to have a stress free birthday with the people I wanted there. We had some beers after dinner at Kelly’s and headed up to my mom’s for the night. Unfortunately, we kept my mom up until we got there at 1am. I felt really bad about that!

On Saturday, we had Krispy Kremes for breakfast and hung out. We had lunch at Baggin’s sandwiches. We checked out the flea market, but it was so hot that not many people were there selling and even fewer shopping. I got a few cool scrapbooking supplies, but there wasn’t much there. We did some shopping in town and I got a few shirts and some goodies from Sephora before we hit Crazy Fish for some sushi.

We got several rolls there and some adventure pieces of sashimi and nigiri. We meant to order surf clam (which I think was Geoduk) and sea urchin, but we mis-marked and ordered Uni and Sweet Shrimp. Thankfully, they were out of Uni, which we later found out is sea urchin roe (eggs). The sweet shrimp was interesting, but we won’t be getting it again. It’s a huge raw shrimp over rice, but you get the heads separate and fried. We both ate an eye and nibbled on them. It was ok, but not something I’d do again. The Sweetness made the mistake of eating the brain and it did not agree with him.

We headed home and I got my very first migraine ever. I cannot believe how painful they are. I had my eyes closed and the headlights on the road still hurt. By the time we got home, I was nauseous from the pain and pretty much laid on the floor in the bathroom until the pain killers kicked in. It was pretty pitiful. After a good night’s sleep, I’ve pretty much recovered, but I haven’t done much of anything today. All in all, it was one of the best birthdays I’ve ever had. Thank you to everyone who helped make it so great!

~ by accordingtoleanne on July 10, 2011.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: